Today we’re taking the posts a little differently. I hope you find these tips helpful!
Social media is a big part of our world. Most of us use social media to interact with family and friends around the globe. One great way to keep in touch with those who follow us on social media is by posting pictures. Here are some tips for posting pictures on some of the most commonly used social media platforms.
When it comes to Facebook, pictures are just one way of staying connected with family and friends. It also provides a way to document important occurrences in life and keep everyone updated with minimal effort.
- Higher Resolution: Check the “High Resolution” box when uploading pictures. This will ensure that even though the picture people view will show in a lower resolution for their screens, it will download as high quality.
- Add Location: When you upload a picture, take time to add a location and Facebook will group all of your pictures taken at the same location on a map.
- Create Albums: Add photos to albums for specific events or time frames rather than just uploading pictures to your timeline. This will make it easier to find your pictures in the future.
- Share Albums: One great feature of using albums is you can select which people can see each album. Share specific albums with specific groups of people.
- Reposition: Edit your pictures to give viewers the best picture possible. Reposition your pictures so the preview people see is what you want them to get out of the picture.
Pictures on Twitter have been proven to lead to more interactions and “favorites”. In fact, it has been shown that Tweets that include a picture are about twice as likely to be retweeted or favorited. Be sure to include pictures often to promote more interaction with your followers.
- Upload Multiple Pictures to One Tweet: Twitter has made is possible to add up to four pictures to one Tweet, as mentioned here. This allows you to fully utilize one tweet rather than spreading one message over multiple, disconnected Tweets.
- Properly Size for Easy Viewing: In order for more of your photo to be fully visible without having to click on it, make sure your picture is roughly 550 px x 300px.
- Add White Space: Add white space around your picture to make it look bigger. You can do this in a program like Photoshop.
- Upload Directly: As will be mentioned later, other social media mediums allow you to share your pictures to multiple forums. While this is good on occasion, make sure you also upload directly to Twitter, as the formats are not always compatible for viewing.
You should be posting pictures on Instagram because that is exactly what this social media is all about! Here are some ways to make your pictures stand out in the feed.
- Take Pictures in Camera: Rather than taking a picture within Instagram, first take it in the phone’s camera app to take advantage of the better capabilities of the camera on your phone.
- Collages Encouraged: Use one of many available collage apps to put together multiple pictures from one event. This will help you to post many pictures without overloading your followers’ feeds with your pictures.
- Create Focus: Use the drop icon to blur parts of your picture in order to create focus on one aspect in the picture.
- Share Everywhere: Instagram allows you to share your pictures to more than just their app. Before you click “Share”, select if you would like the picture to also be posted on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, or Flickr.
- Editing Apps: There are many apps out there that can help you edit your photo more than the simple capabilities within Instagram. To take your pictures to the next level, look for apps that can help you edit your pictures like a pro.
As you strive to share more pictures on social media, continue to learn new ways to enhance your pictures and make them more enticing to your audience. You will find your images are a great way to interact with those who follow you and offer a new perspective into your life and those things that are important to you.